How are the accommodations and canteens in your university set? How can I pay these fees?
The International students’ Residence Hall on the North Campus: Balconied double and quad rooms(equipped with private toilet/bath, hot water supply, air-conditioning, and internet connections). A separate group kitchen, laundry facilities, table, washing machine and drying machine are on every floor) are all available in the international residence building on the North Campus.
Cost: RMB 2,300 semester/ bed (RMB 575/ month/bed; RMB 28/day/bed) for a quad room; RMB 4,500/semester/bed (RMB 1,125/month/bed; RMB 50/day/ bed) for a double room. Please note that the cost does not include bedding, extra water or electricity costs (we provide a quota of water and electricity, but if you exceed the quota, you will be charged extra money for the amount over the limit).
In addition, you need to get a letter of recommendation to secure on-campus accommodations and you must purchase a temporary Campus Card in Office Rm. 102, No.7 Academic building You then pay the cost in the reception area of the dorms either in cash or by credit card, before you can enter or use the hot water supply.
Dormitories on the South Campus (only for degree students of South Campus): Balconied international student dormitory rooms are equipped with private toilet/bath, hot water supply, air-conditioning, telephone, internet connections and public laundry facilities.
Cost: RMB 3,600/semester/ bed for a single room and RMB 3,000/semester/bed for a double room. The cost does not include bedding, water or electricity. Please note that international students in South Campus should firs pay the accommodation fee, either in cash or by credit card, in the Office Rm. 102, No.7 Academic building, North Campus, and get the invoice … then they can move into the dorms when presenting the invoice.
In addition, some reasonably priced hotels (like Xueyou Hotel, Bohao Hotel), or student apartments (like Jinbang Apartments), and residential buildings (like Baolishanzhuang, or Songyunyayuan) around/near the North Campus are also available for international students.
About the canteens
University canteens may well serve every appetite at a cost of 20-30 RMB per day (students who want to have dinners on Campus should buy a Campus-Pay Card in the Office, Rm.102, No. 7 Academic building). Various restaurants (about20 meters from the university) serve meals at reasonable prices.
***For more information, please call 0086-20-36207141/36207142 or e-mail to email@example.com
Where is the university located? Is the transport system convenient?
Guangdong University of Foreign Studies (GDUFS) is located in
, the capital city of
is the largest city in this region and the third largest metropolis in
, following only
enjoys convenient transportation systems and is only 2 hours by train from Hong Kong and
. GDUFS is embraced by
, with the north campus enjoying a beautiful environment of marvelous green hills and a variety of flowers, winding streams and intricate bridges: all immersed in fresh air, making itself an ideal place for academic studies and learning.
North Baiyun Avenue
, P.R. China 510420
IIE: NO. 7 Academic Building (next to the North Gate of the campus)
and the Guangzhou Railway Station are within 30-minute drive from the university.
1) Take metro line 3 to Yongtai Station (entrance B2) →transfer to 864, get off at the station for Guangdong University of Foreign Studies. At the university gate →walk for 10-15 minutes you will arrive at NO. 7 Academic building next to the North Gate (campus maps are at all gates
2) Take metro line 3 to Yongtai Station (entrance B2) →transfer to 126, get off at the station of Huangshidong East Road Station, pass over the pedestrian overcrossing →walk for 300 meters and you will arrive at the NO. 7 Academic building next to the North Gate
3) Take metro line 3 to Yongtai Station (entrance B2) → take a taxi to the North gate of GDUFS (about 15-20 Yuan)
4) Taking a taxi from airport to the university directly would cost about 100 Yuan. Be aware of taxi drivers who try overcharge passengers. Make certain they use the meter.
Railway Station to GDUFS:
1) Take bus 805,803,529, and get off at the station of Huangshidonglu East Entrance station. Walk for 300 meters and you will arrive at the NO. 7 Academic building next to the North Gate
2) Take a taxi from Guangdong Railway Station to the University, about 25-30 Yuan.
3) Consult the above routes from airport to university for your reference.
Many buses connect our university to downtown areas and several shopping malls. such as Bus 245 to Tee Mall, Grandview Plaza, Bus 864 to Beijing road pedestrian mall and China plaza; in addition, you can take line 2, get off at the Baiyun Park metro station or line 3, get off at the Yongtai Station; then take a bus or a taxi (about 15 Yuan) to our university.
If you want to go to the South Campus, you can take the circling bus, Exclusive Line 1 from our campus to the Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Center.
***For more details please call 0086-20-36207141/36207142 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org