Chapter 1 General Principles
Item No.1 “The Alumni Association of Institute for International Education of Guangdong University of Foreign Studies” is the official title of this alumni association and can be referred to as the IIE Alumni Association of GDUFS for short.
Item No.2 This alumni association is a non-profit social entity voluntarily organized by the alumni of IIE of GDUFS.
Item No.3 This alumni association has no legal personality and is directly under the Alumni Association of GDUFS.
Item No.4 The aim of this association is: to strengthen the ties and connections among the alumni, domestic and overseas, and between the alumni and the alma mater; to provide assistance to each other, promote friendship among alumni and enhance co-operation; to help the IIE in educating, teaching, researching, academic culture exchanging and social services; to inspire the alumni to carry forward the excellent traditions and spirits of the alma mater and contribute to the development of IIE, the alumni association and the prosperity of GDUFS. This association abides by the Constitution, laws, regulations and the state policies; respects the interest of the nation, the social interests and the lawful rights of other organizations and citizens; and abides by the society’s moral principles
Item No.5 The official site of this association is Institute for International Education Guangdong University of Foreign Studies , No.2 North Baiyun Avenue, Guangzhou , Guangdong, P.R.China 510420
Chapter 2 Primary tasks
Item No.6 The primary tasks of this association is:
1. to promote the alumni to contribute to the development of the country and the alma mater.
2. to strengthen the ties and connections among the alumni and between the alumni and the alma mater; to share information, enhance relationship, concentrate power and push forward the development of IIE and alumni career.
3. to promote the alumni’s assistance for IIE and its development in educating, teaching, researching, academic culture exchanging and social services.
4. to accept donations from the alumni to the alma mater; manage the fund raising and fund controlling for the alumni activities funds.
5. to carry out other activities that serves the aim of this association, including academic communications, friendship promoting activities and social services from IIE to the alumni’s entities.
Chapter 3 Membership
Item 7 Anyone with at least one of the following criteria will be deemed as alumnus of IIE of GDUFS.
1. Student that have ever taken classes, education and trainings of IIE;
2. Staff member that has worked in IIE.
3. After deliberation of the Standing Council of this association, the honorable membership can be given to any nonmember who has make large contribution to the construction and development of IIE of GDUFS.
Item No.8 any previously stated alumnus of IIE who accept the regulations and volunteer to join the association is a member of the association.
Item No.9 Rights and duties
One Member rights
1. Right to vote and to be voted; voting power for issues.
2. Right to participate the activities organized by the association
3. Right to supervise, enquire, criticize and make suggestions to the works of the association.
4. Right to join and leave the association voluntarily.
Two Member duties
1. Abides by the regulations of the association
2. Carry out the decisions of the association
3. Uphold the rights and lawful interests of the association
4. Complete the tasks assigned by the association
Chapter 4 Organizational Structure
Item No.10 The highest authority of the association is the Member’s Representative Conference (MRC) and its main duty is:
1. Establish and modify the regulation
2. Recommend and form the council
3. Discuss and form decisions for major issues
Item No.11 The council is the executive organization of the highest authority and its basic duties are:
1. Report work to the MRC and put forward proposals
2. Discuss work guidelines, plans and other major issues.
3. Explain the regulation and make internal management system
4. Accept and remove members
5. Make decisions of re-elections
6. Carry out the decisions made by the MRC when it is adjourned, organize activities, and act on the behalf of the association
Item No.12 The council sets one president, one standing deputy president, several deputy presidents and directors, one chief secretary, several secretaries. The president takes charge of the council and act on its duties when the MRC is adjourned. The term of service of the council is two years and subject to reappointment.
Item No.13 The council convenes on an annual basis and on the demand of the council at any time. The council conference can only be convened with the attendance of two thirds of all the directors and its decisions can only be effective with consents from two thirds of all the attended directors.
Item No.14 The association forms an office on the principles of capabilities and efficiency and conduct routine works under the chief secretary.
Item No.15 The association retains several honorable presidents and consultants to guide the work of the association.
Chapter 5 Funds
Item No.16 The resource of funds for the associations are:
1. funds and donations from alumni and party concerned.
2. support from IIE
Item No.17 The management and supervision of the funds are subject to a specific financial management system.
Chapter 6 Supplementary items
Item No.18 This regulation is effective after the discussion by the MRC.
Item No.19 The right to modify this regulation belongs to the MRC and the right of explanation belongs to the council.
Item No.20 The termination of this association is subject to the MRC’s decision by voting and be effective with more than 50% of votes.