I. Entering School
1. Fill out the application form in Room 102 and submit 3 photos and photocopies of your passport and visa.
2. Pay the tuition by credit card and take tuition invoice: you can pay tuition by credit card at Office 102 (only cards with “Union Pay” is acceptable) or pay cash at Bank of China located near the main gate with the bank note taken from Room 102. The receipt note must be return to the working staff in Room 102 for invoice as the payment proof. (***very important, payment proof)
3. Currency exchange is available at VIP window 3, second floor of bank of China with your passport and its copy.
4. Buy insurance. Insurance fee: 400 RMB/semester，800 RMB/year.
Ⅱ. Language Test and Class Grouping
1. Language tests will be held before the opening ceremony.
2. The class grouping list will be announced on the bulletin board of teaching affairs in the lobby after the language test. You can take curriculum schedules from the nearby shelf. Textbooks can be purchased in Room 105.
Ⅲ. Campus Life
1. Accommodation: Please check in and pay fees at the dormitory reception desk (NO.16 Building) with the invitation letter taken from Office 103.
Room Rates: Double room: RMB 4000/semester/bed; Four-bed room: RMB 1800/semester/bed.Use of laundry and kitchen are free.
Water and electricity fees: RMB 400 is charged in advance for water and electricityfees. Extra cost should be paid for at the end of the semester if the actual costs exceed RMB 400. Beddings: students buy beddings for themselves
Deposit: RMB500, which is refundable after check-out,which is refundable after check-out(returning the deposit receipt and the room key)
Those who damage items in the dormitory should compensate the loss according to the original price. If the students are requested to move out
because of breaking the regulations, the deposit is not refundable.
2. Dining: The canteens and restaurants on campus accept campus card for payment only. The card can be purchased from Miss. Huang or Ms. Wu (Natasha) in Room 102. The campus card costs 100 RMB in total —— 30 RMB is the cost of making the card and 70 RMB is the balance. The card can be recharged at the Card Center in the lobby of No.2 Teaching building. Students can earmark money for hot water fee from the card through self-aided earmarking machine in the dormitory lobby (please consult administrative staffs if you encounter any problems). The balance and the cost of making the card are refundable within 5 months, after which only the balance is refundable.
3. Network: students living on campus may apply for the internet service at the dormitory reception. The internet will be available within 48 hours after your application. It costs 30 RMB for opening an account, monthly rent is 30 RMB, semiannual 125 RMB, and annual 250 RMB.
4. Student card: Students can get student card from Ms. Wu in Room 102 after 2 weeks upon the beginning of the courses.
5. Library: Students can apply for the library card from Mr. Cai in Room 103, with which the university library is accessible.
Ⅳ. Opening Ceremony andIntroductory Conference for New Students
1. The opening ceremony is going to be held in Room 106 located in No.7 Teaching Building. All the new students and keep-on-study students must participate in this opening ceremony.
2. Introductory Conference for New Students: IIE Room 106 after the Opening Ceremony. Students are required to attend the introductory conference with the language they are familiar with. In the conference, we will (1) brief international student with administration rules and regulations; (2) take up any questions concerning the application of visas and residence permits.